- This event has passed.
Fourth of July 2022
Calvin Coolidge is the only U.S. president born on Independence Day, and July 4 has been commemorated at his birthplace in Plymouth Notch for many decades. This year’s celebration is extra special — it is President Coolidge’s 150th birthday!
This year’s celebration will feature a number of special events including: the annual procession and wreath-laying ceremony at the Coolidge graveside, led by the Vermont National Guard and members of the Coolidge family; a public reading of the Declaration of Independence; and the championship rounds of the Coolidge Cup National High School Debate Tournament. Please join us for a special day that will celebrate American independence and President Coolidge.
- 9:00 AM: Public reading of the Declaration of Independence – Union Christian Church
- 12:00 PM: Procession and Wreath-Laying Ceremony (Procession begins at the Village Green; Wreath-Laying takes place at the Plymouth Cemetery)
- 1:00 PM: President Coolidge 150th Birthday Cake – courtesy of the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation (Wilder Barn)
- 3:00 PM: Coolidge Cup Semifinal Debate Rounds – Grace Coolidge Room (Visitor’s Center) and Union Christian Church
- 4:00 PM: Coolidge Cup Championship Round & Awards Ceremony – Under the Big Tent
President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site
3780 Route 100A
Plymouth, Vermont 05056
The public is encouraged to bring picnic lunches, as unfortunately no food service will be provided on the fourth of July this year.
The public can tour twelve buildings at the President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site, which is owned by the State of Vermont and managed by the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation. A National Historic Landmark, Plymouth Notch is considered one of the best-preserved presidential sites in the country. At the Museum & Education Center, visitors can view the permanent exhibit, More Than Two Words: The Life and Legacy of Calvin Coolidge.
For further information about July 3 and 4 programs, contact Nathaniel Cameron at email@example.com.